Tony Ryan is an inspirational speaker in all contexts....amusing, challenging, inspiring and has a zest for life which he shares through many images. He is easy to listen to and often inspires thoughts as the day goes on [ignore the fact that he is an Ozzie] he is open and forthright and I love his conferences/sessions.
A day of inspirations and conversations with others....so where to now?
My goals after Tony:
- Get a support person on staff to keep me positive even when the proverbial hits the fan!
- Continue/start/action my goal from early Jan - photo of the day blog with my class
- Check out Fun Theory - see what the children think, challenge their thinking with the grid e.g see the one to the left - combine
- Use some idioms to have some 'fun' during the day
- Try and laugh more often [when I feel down...stick a smile on] how? Tony says bite a pen between your teeth and make sure your lips don't touch the pen - try it!
- Teach my class about Google Wonder Wheel - awesome search part of google...who knew it was even there? [Well Tony did!]. On a search in google the Wonder wheel option can be found down the left had sidebar - more visual for ch'n to gather and fine tune their research skills. Each click from each wheel brings up a refined search. AWESOME! [see above]
- Use brain exercising every day for 10 mins with the children - thinking matrix [as above], thinkers keys activities, sudokhu, word game, see saw thinking
- Para-phrasing practice and ch'n talking [in pairs more often] use the Dilema as starters
- Challenge their thinking...challenge your own....Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus
- Check out....1000 awesome things [again and see the beauty in every day stuff]
- Open my Genuis/Geek bar [not just for ICT] - get ch'n posting Questions they want answers to/problems to sort and get other child experts to help them and support them
- Continue my Facebook lunchtime support group
- Look at Prezi.com
- Use Cool Iris more often - have a photo up everyday for them to see on arriving in class [quick pair discussion after roll]
- Don't take life so seriously - chill a bit and do stuff for ME!!! Coz I am worth it!
Thanks Tony for the 'Think Different' day!