Jan 25, 2011
Having FUN with Images in blogs!
Frequently we use our own images for our blog posts as I think these are more powerful and I love the ch'n having 'ownership' over their writing and creative imaging also. I teach my class about photography early on in the year - rule of thirds, light, colour, line, texture etc
So how do I display my images in a creative way?
Well I am glad you asked.
There are hundreds of different displayer apps on the web.
Here is a selection of our favourites:
1. Flickr [costs yearly fee to be unlimted] we use the free 200 shots version. Also heaps of extras for Flickr images can be found here - many Flickr images can be used with no copy right issues. I generally tell my class to leave a positive comment on the image for the photographer if we have used their photo as a courtesy. Spell with Flickr [great for headers] ★★★★★
2. Capzles - a funky photo displayer, free to use, comment moderation, story and spiral display options, add music etc examples here ★★★★
3. Animoto - easy to use, limited images allowed on free account, apply for education account gives longer movies options, often duplicates the movies ★★★
4. Picture trail - slightly more complex to use, but huge variety of options for shapes and action to your images example here ★★★★
5. Fotobabble - add images easily and use internal or external microphones to speak over the image selections, excellent for ESOL students and low end readers and reading task, easy to use with little support needed example here ★★★★★
6. Vuvox - create slideshows from your images, free to use, example here ★★★
7. Blabberize - awesome fun for ch'n - use any person or animal image, draw mouths, record sound and watch it cartoon talk - free to use ★★★★★
8. Photovisi - collaging for your images, mass of choices, ch'n love it ★★★★
9. Kizoa - presentation and slideshow presenter with images, slow loader ★★★
10. Voicethread - my favourite and easy for others to comment - share your images and add voiceovers - great for collaborations as others can comment verbally also but comments can be moderated - easy to use, images can also be drawn on without destroying image by individuals. Educators account gives unlimited free voicethreads. Also massive library to search from. examples ★★★★★
11. Photofunia - add your image to many backgrounds, including billboards, Warhol patterns, buses etc example used as image for illustrating this post ★★★★★
12. Photopeach - creative display of photos in movie style, add own or selected music, free, easy to use, example here ★★★★
This is obviously just a wee selection of the fun that can be had using images to enhance your blog posts - let me know of any other funky tried and tested ones you have used.
Have fun with Images!