I have used a variety of Avatars over the years such as: my minimee by Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament in London [the POME in me], my wee mouse with his cheese [to depict my last name], me with Johnny Depp [need I say more?] and my minimee South Park pirate. All these Avatars depict something about me.
I got my class to create avatars one year  when we tackled a world blogging exchange for the football world cup in South Africa. They needed avatars to comment and design posts on our page using Wordpress [also new to me].
One of my goals this year is to get my year 4's to have their own avatar. So for this we will be experimenting with a few avatar creators and possibly rating their effectiveness as well.
So lets experiment with a few of these avatar creators then.
Rating: 1 = nah, 2 = it's ok, 3 = not bad, 4 = worth a go, 5 = whoop whoop!
- The wee lego dudes - easy to use, fast loading, child friendly, only minus is can't be saved except screen dump it. 4
- Talking voki - slow loading each section, needs fast connection, good fun, has adverts, will be slow creating with ch'n - vast amounts of choices 4 see below for this one
- Picasso style - easy to use, not so much fun as others, loads fast 3
- Weemee - easy to use, similar styles, plenty of choices 5
- Doppleme - easy to use, basic choices, simple user interface, groups can be created [might be useful for classes] many options available for logon [suggest a generic class login rather than ch'n having own logins] 4
- My Avatar creator - very simple to use, fast loading, variety of choice, screen capture [purple bodied chick, plain background] another bonus is the programme can be downloaded and used directly from the computer 4
- Awesome child friendly site called MEMAKER for creating an amazing simple avatar image including your likes food and activity wise 5
- Build your wildself - awesome cartoon effect, heaps of choices, fast loading, child friendly, gives you animal info as well. Printable and email-able 5
Click here to comment on this Voki.
Get a Voki now!